It’s been raining for the past three days straight. Not just raining, either, but downpours, windy, raw, and just downright miserable. So, rather than complain about that (since I’ve already done enough of that already!), I figured I would count some #littlethings that are making me happy this Monday.
- A relatively unplanned weekend. Including an unexpected date night out with M. We opted to stay local and hit up our favorite wine bar and then a small Mediterranean restaurant that we absolutely adore (the chef was actually featured on the Today Show last year!). I love our date nights out no matter what (and in!), but sometimes we just have the best conversations when it’s just us, a glass of wine, and no distractions.
- A VERY lazy Sunday (see #1)…I am not quit sure, but I might have been a titch hungover on Sunday morning. (oops!) So, we had a really lazy Sunday, not even getting off the couch to shower until after 12. Haven’t done that in a LONG time. Needed.
- Sunday Funday with my sister Jess and brother in law Scott, post-b9 ass-kicking (by aforementioned sister!). We have the most fun together, and the only thing I wish is that we lived just a smidge closer so those nights can be more frequent. But, prioritizing is going to make it happen.
- Monday Funday! Given how shittastic the weather is, M and I decided to extend Sunday Funday into Monday Funday. I am making a little fancy dinner (roasting a leg of lamb for dinner, like I did for Easter!) and perhaps a glass of wine to knock down the Monday blues.
- Allowing PMS. Yep, I’m counting that as a #littlething for Monday. Rather than rail against it, I am going to embrace it. That might mean an extra piece of chocolate, or reworking my workouts this week to have one morning LESS of getting up at 5:15 am (check!) and not getting annoyed at myself for my uber dropsy, clumsy, moody self. Just know it’ll happen and it feels a little easier. (I can feel an EPIC PMS week so I think allowing it a little might quell it a smidge, right? M might be thankful for this one, most of all!).
- No more work trips for the foreseeable future. 3 trips in 6 weeks was p-lenty. Knock on wood.
- And to top it off? This Friday, I get to meet T (and her man!), Sunshine, and CBG for our epic bloggy weekend in Maine!! I have been dreaming about it every night for the past week, wanting everything to go well, the rain to go away and for it to be as fun as I envision it being. I just feel the pressure of hosting such fabulous people coming from such far distances and want to make it worth it, like WHOA!).
What’s better than that, right? A great list of #littlethings to make a dreary Monday just a smidge better. What’s your #littlething to get you through the Monday blues?